Post flu

10/05/2009 06:17:00 pm BenefitScroungingScum 5 Comments

I'm still dealing with the after effects of swine flu which of course led to an upper respiratory infection and antibiotics. I'm hoping to avoid a second course as getting in to see a doctor has proven difficult. The swine flu was diagnosed by a website which prescribed tamiflu. The antibiotics were prescribed by a GP I've met twice previously over the phone. Seems like you're not actually allowed to see a GP to see if you've got something other than flu just in case you've actually got flu. Sensible policy that New Labour!

Bash a benefit scrounger is back in the news as David Cameron insists he can get zillions of us back into work. He's not mentioned what work though. Odd huh!

So with that in mind I'm going to start reposting previous blogs related to welfare reform. Apologies to longer term readers who will have seen all this before but my brain hurts.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

So this David Cameron dude - is he Labor or a Conservative? If he were here in the States, it seems pretty sure he would be a Right-Wing Conservative, but I don't know the Politics of Britain that well - so that's just my guess.

Be better soon, okay? HUGS to you, Bendy.

Veronica said...

Lets hope that you don't need any more antibiotics. x

As for my government fuck up, I got approved for Disability, which is fine. Only now, I'm required to take part in job seeking crap. Which I wasn't required to do when I was merely a parent of small children. But as a disabled parent of small children, 'work for you'.

Gah.

Casdok said...

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling better soon. Im sure the these announcments dont help.

Dave said...

Sorry to hear you're unwell BG. Don't worry about the reposts. It just reinforces the "Groundhog Day" experience.

It's that time of year when the political bullies start looking for soft targets to beat up. Usually it's old Laura Norder (but that costs money), so let's pick on BG.

Cheap soundbites from cheapskates.

I'm required to take part in job seeking crap. Which I wasn't required to do when I was merely a parent of small children.